Sunday, February 27, 2011

Thank God for OFF

Aug 1, 2008

life on the ranch

Thank God for OFF.

Well Im sitting here at a stupid computer, after 2 cups of coffee, staring out the window viewing what I consider to be a very peaceful setting. I feel kinda like being on vacation, and have not quite gotten used to not getting up and going to work everyday to some office job. But Im getting there!
the mexicans are out there building my shop now, and i just know they are gonna try to not do it like I want it done, and steal my ladder! But i am all over that, Ill tell you that. Maybe when it is done, it will actually not leak, and not blow down, and be a good thing.
Im thinking its time to spray the pastures, but the cost of desiel is ...well.... maybe I wont spray it. the cows dont know that the grass is more expensive for them to eat ..so...I guess I shouldnt fret too much.  my 6 calves dont have a clue how good they have it either. lol. I think one of em is a retard though. I didnt know that animals could be so different from each other... some are smart, some are nervous, etc. This one calf, hes a retard. He figured out a way to get through a fence, then didnt have enough sense to walk thru an open gate. oh no no, hed rather watch me sweat my ass off in shorts and sandels thru the deep grass and chiggers shooing him up and down the fence line, until he finally goes in a little hole down in the ditch, and gets back across. I patched that sucker so he wont do that again. Maybe he was just havin some entertainment with me hmmmm...
I wonder who was the retard from his perspective? hmmmm.
Thank God for OFF.

No comments: