Sunday, February 27, 2011

big and shiny it is

Aug 13, 2009

big and shiny it is...

I knew it would be pretty..and the big shiny stainless steel icebox would match my other appliances too. Finally...i can give the old ice box to someone that needs it bad. it is nice.. and has crushed ice and... ut oh. NO water line.. never needed one. but the day before the arrival of the big pretty icebox., i decided to try it...install a water line myself. I knew id have to crawl under the house... I got my friend lavoise to come over and be my helper.. and I carefully got all my tools together. I know me...and I tend to have to redo stuff when I do projects, and I knew being under the house..would suck.

I eyeballed the crawlspace... and began slithering thru. When I saw how little the spaces were between the damp ground, and the rafters... thats when I said..."houston.. we have a problem".. but I was on a mission. So...i cralwed. dragging my trusty power drill with me. smart as I am, I was gonna drill UP... not down..that way I wouldnt hit another waterline! I crawled until I finally got there...and realized..I had forgotten the copper water line. ugh. After crying, kicking, and bumping my head on soemthing... i yelled for help. I hate doing that. Luckily..my helpers little boy...bravely scampered under the house with the waterline in tow... boyhe got around under there way better then I did. We stretched the line... and now was the time to drill UP... the hole goes under the drawer... of the bottom cabinet...next to the the fridge... and wouldnt you knw it... i have TWO extra holes...outside the cabinet....right thru the carpet...(I always have to do it 3 times). I thought man... no wonder you cant get a plummer to do this crap. He cant get down here, and its too freakin hard.. ThenI got stuck. I swear Im not that big. But I was. that when I changed frequencies from Houston to LORD? getme OUT! and I did... in a bit... lets not talk about the ropes and sirens...popcorn, and other activities like the national gaurd and firedepartment...

But finally. There it is. Big shiny. the first time I turned the water on..it leaked like a sift. (what IS a sift??)  but I got it done. ill give it the 24 hour watch for leaks... and hope that tomrrow, ill have ice! and cold water in the door! yeah!

now...for the new shower door I have to install. that ll be another story. wheres my drill?

No comments: