Sunday, February 27, 2011

some days suck

Jan 31, 2010

some days suck.

some days just suck ya know? im not complaining...its just..I wish i could see them coming. an older couple that I have known a long time died yesteerday. their house blew up... a gas leak.. and he is still alive. he would be better off dead i think.  the snow and ice I have dealt with fairly well. You always think you are more prepared then you really are though... i lit the candles. and two indoor lanterns. i had plenty of light. but my one flashlight..rechargeable.. went dead way to soon. good thing there was antoher one in the garage. and when I fnally decided to fire up the generator..i couldnt find the can of starter fluid. ugh. I finally did find it, but the nozzle was gone. so i tried to use my fingernail to get in to squirt. then the rope broke. ugh. so i decided to go to town...after alli could get some gas, coffee. whatever.
on the way back... i passed one of those snow plows. you kow the blade was sitcking out inthe shoulder...then passed my turn off. i pulled over thinking Ill make a U turn...then the plow truck was coming...coming to fast. I was afraid it would hit me...so I made my u turn. that s when I realized that the truck does not turn tight AT ALL... when in 4wd. ugh. i did not make it back on the road..but I did go thru the bar ditch..it was 2 feet of snow...and no fences. so..I decided to floorboard it...or be stuck. i kept gong..and going... until finally i got to a road. I was back on the road I had missed. it could have been worse. and Im not even going to discuss relationship troubles. ugh. all on this same day..
well sparkys alive. im only missing one cat and one cow. my place has not burned down..and i am not still alive after being burned up. now that would be a bad day.

its just another day in oklahoma...

No comments: