Sunday, February 27, 2011

Are You Smater then a ....Carport?

Are you Smarter then a .... Carport?

As most of you know, about a month ago, my pretty red tractor shelter just blew plum away. it wrapped itself around the well house...and in short, I took two fences down, and drug it away upside down.... into the pasture. After I rebuilt the fences,  took the side walls apart leaving only the metal support beams sticking up. I thought it was secure..
I just came home..after the insurance guy finally showed up.... I took a little trip and was gone for about 4 days. It was a very nice 4 days. My youngest daughter watched the house, and fed the critters. When I got home, being a trained and observant investigator...kinda like that guy on that tv series...the mentalist... or sherlock freakin holmes...so I noticed that the carport roof was now on TOP of the barn. ugh. My daughter said well dad.... i  thought it had blown away... and looked out the door..."yep. its on top the barn. ". geesh.
So I drug it off the barn... without too much damage to the barn and decided to take all the sheet metal off the top, as it landed right side up! One end was stickin way up in the air...about 15 feet, so I decided to just crawl up there on top and take all the sheet metal off that end at once... duh. Im such a rocket scientist. Of course that was all that held the thing together.and when i took th emetal off...it collapsed.
Now I knew that when I heard the sound of crunching metal, and felt nothing but air beneath my feet.... that I might be in trouble...but I got lucky and missed the metal pile on the ground, and then my old ninja training kicked in as i deftly (is that a word?) rolled on the ground and jumped up with a flying side kick. yeah. ok 30 min later after I stopped crying, I drove my sorry ass to the house on the 4 wheeler.
I looked at the situation, and decided to pack it in for the evening...maybe Ill take pictures and feed the suggested plan of action into the military err..i dont know...somewhere...for my next move... or maybe Ill just ummm... try it again. It wont be as high next time right? Wheres that extra pair of hands I been waitin on??
and wheres my dang insurance check??

No comments: