Sunday, February 27, 2011

18 gears vs 30 years


18 gears vs 30 years


I so remember the days of my  youth...when I rode a bike for so long. I sure got my moneys worth out of that old otasco Flying O 10 speed. Ive learned alot about todays bicycles, but thats another story. I decided ill get me a cheap bike, and get back into shape and I can feel the wind on myface again...the way I used to. Peaceful. I used to ride when I got home from highschool, until dark every day for years. I rode well into my 20's. Some of my best memories ...so. off I go. got the walmart $88 mt. bike... woo hoo.  I hopped on it as soon as I could and took off down my dirt road. Now its alittle over 2 miles to the paved road...and its 1/2 mile to the "T" down the road... and I made it about 100 yards. lol. not to the T. lol. i thought I was going to die. So I googled this situation, and made adjustments. Raised the seat.... discovered there are 18 gears, not 6.. lol. and tried again. ive made it to the T...but yesterday I decided my mission was to make the pavement 2 miles away. My AZZ hurted with every freakin bump. apparently my butt was made of tough leather when i was  younger... maybe it was due ot the butt whuppins I got withthe wooden board i used to get in HS... I dont know. Maybe I should google "hurtin bike butt"? I think  I will. I noticed my heart was workin harder then I remember it... and I sweated like a pig in church. wait. ..thats not right. a ...well. anyway... I did make the pavement. but was afraid to go much further on the smooth pavement. I was noticing every hill, and could just see myself calling 911 ...help I cant get this freakin bike home again. ..Ithink Im gonna die. (and my azz hurts) So..i turned around. I figuired although its uphill mostly on the way back,  and its been 30 yrs since I rode...hey this dang thing has 18 gears right? the one I rode back then was only 10 speeds. well I used every gear and wished I had more. But I did make it back w/o pushing or having a seiszure. I thought about 911 though. I took a pic when I got back, and i think you can see the hurt lines in myface. what do you think? any suggestions? my goal is to get back into riding shape. Im open to suggestions.

No comments: