Wednesday, February 5, 2014

New Ice.

its early. The day is very cold at 19 degrees, and big fat snowflakes falling from the sky. Most of the snow and ice has been scraped from the roads, here in Oklahoma there is no way to tell what will happen the rest of the week. Thus the 4wd to work this morning. In the last year I have been faced with many unknown roads. I encountered many icy roads and hazards. I thought that I had long ago discovered and overcome all of these obstacles and would cruise right over them. Ive had many changes this last year. I told my wife, (ive been married recently) when we dated, that as a married person, we would have the chance to overcome and grow together in ways no one is able to,  unless they are married. I still believe that. Im living proof of that. Because even though I was confident that I was a fairly rounded person...with a few issues due to having lived alone so long, I have discovered I have a whole new set of issues that I could not have faced ....living alone.

Now I feel as though I am starting all over in the first grade with Ned and the "first reader", trying to sound out new words. ugh. no ugh is an old word of mine. I think I made it famous.

Well its time to go...ill have to return when I can. Real life comes and just gets in the way. Don't you hate it when that happens?

For now...Ill bundle up and trudge along. After all winter can come in mid summer. Ive learned to love the sound of a train, the dogs in a howling fit...im still working on getting used to so other people in the house, and the noises that go along with them...

Heres to the start of a new life, a new direction. just new. to everything new...because everything is. Even the problems. Im hoping that.... well. ill just leave it at that. Im hoping. In all ill remember to be thankful and trust God, so that I can be in His peace as I slip gracefully along this new ice.

No comments: