Tuesday, February 11, 2014

filters shew the perceptions

I wonder why a person chooses not to communicate? maybe they don't want to hear the response.. or maybe they are just too lazy to put their thoughts/feelings into words? Maybe they don't think it will make any difference at all if they did ... Funny how one can train others in how they interact with you. If you reply to them in a negative way... like grumpy, or angry, or have an unfriendly tone, or body language, then you can train them not to talk to you at all. They just find you unpleasant to talk to.

What a shame. I find it so, because what if...just what if..... it isn't them? That's right... what if their tone, or their body language is neutral. BUT ... something within you sees it differently? So if I talk to someone, and I find them unpleasant due to ...well...just being unfriendly...or maybe they are cranky... and then I talk to someone else who knows them... but they seem to find this person to be funny, or informative, or even wise.... and IM surprised...because when I talk to them,... its unpleasant. hmmmm. red flag?

Sometimes your past crawls right up on your head and sits there...taking over your eyes, your brain, your reactions, your perceptions...etc. And by the time you realize it, you've said or done something stupid. Now im an old hand at stupid. But I hate being that way because im wearing blinders and don't have enough sense to know it! I find that I hear them... speaking the words.... but for some reason, I just don't get it. That's usually a filter. Beware of filters. They tend to skew what we hear, and see...It will take time to learn not to use those "filters". But while your learning... just take the words you hear, and the actions you see at face value. nothing more. Don't read into it... youll read it wrong. The filters will cause it to be distorted. Maybe its something in your past... that's how it usually is with me. Something or someone treated you this way or that way... and when you ask a question.... or talk to someone in the present.... you expect to hear the same ol same ol. and so you do. You hear something else than what was said. You decode it wrongly! just don't.

Watch the fruit. I mean the actions... are they good to you? are they helping you?  Or are they mean to you...and use you? Listen to the words. only. Are they loving words? or are they bitter and angry? look further.... are they frustrated? Do you ever get frustrated? of course. So why shut down when someone else gets frustrated? If they use both loving words, and frustrated words...maybe they love you, but they are frustrated. duh. dang it Im gonna apply for a rocket science license. Im sure I can put that nitro stuff and multiply some numbers with some symbols, and come up with a new rocket.

If you combine what a person says, and what that person does...  youll get a pretty clear picture of the truth. It don't have to make perfect sense to you.... remember...your skewed. Its not going to ... but if you can see good loving, and attempts to show you... well... that's a good thing right? If he curses you, sabatages you, tries to humiliate you...embarrass you, puts you down... never says "I love you".. then just take it at face value. He doesn't love you. He likes to be entertained with you. Don't let that be.

I am no longer amazed by the things I don't understand. Its getting easier to just accept things. But I still want to understand it...all of it. I just don't have it in me. Im not wise enough... So I try to take off my blinders...and recognize when I have put them back on. I cant change them. I cant change you. But I can change me. That is where I can  have an effect on others. By showing t hem that one can change. Even at my age. You can grow.  you can improve. But living with filters...will only allow you to grow so much. Then your done. that's it. poof. all done.
Its hard I know... so ill just keep trying to look into myself...and pray God will \search my heart, and show me what is not right. Then I can take steps to take off the blinders.

I sure hope this silly post makes some kind of sense. Is there anybody out there? Sound off I dare ya.
Are you still alive Windrider?

4 people viewed todays post. 3 from usa. 1 from Germany. I wonder who you are, and if you agree or disagree? I wonder if you even get what Im saying? oh well. until next time.

No comments: