Sunday, April 3, 2011

workin thru stuff.

sometimes the things you think will be easy are just not so easy. the other day, my "helper" sam and I were unloading a piece of plywood from the trailer, trouble was..it was under several other pieces of siding... the siding was all tied together with some of that string that home depot uses. well i decided to just jerk the string and try to move the whole stack of siding off the plywood.. and presto. Course the string broke, and Sam told me all she saw were my legs in the air... i fell right off the trailer over the fender... the plyers I had in my back pocket ..made my butt cheek numb after I hit. I was thinking..hmmm...im getting to old to fall off of this stuff. Ive fallen off horses, tractors, a couch, a woman (dont ask). and now a trailer. I guess there are times when you just have to work together, and remove each piece one at a time before you can get to where you want to get to. Seems to be that way in life too..... I keep trying to jump on the short cut bus, but it turns into the short bus...and first thing you know im doin it the long hard way ...

life never tells you straight up..what to expect. today was very windy.... sometimes its really cold. seems march is a "wild card" kind of month. So im glad my butt cheek is normal, and i didnt break anything, and i will not jerk on tie down strings again. just work thru it. i guess working through things is just part of my jourmey. that old tractor served me well. ..and yes i fell off it too. im glad the newer one is lower to the ground. not so far to fall! Its hard to know....or admit....that you have a "thing" to work through... but.. hey, im getting better at it.

now lets take a walk in the wind, eat some chocolate and go to bed. perfect.

No comments: