Monday, June 8, 2020

goodbye to Bandit.

well it was a hard day today. My favorite calf, about 2 months old, caught pneumonia and died. I didn't even catch that he was sick! I check them daily, but when I realized he was sick, it was at night, and he was dead by the morning.  ugh. Not all days in the country are good days....sigh. Ill miss little "Bandit".
your momma cries for you. Im sorry I didn't do a better job. God put you in my hands, and I just failed. But I promise I will learn from it....and try not to let it repeat itself...

It was a hot day, but the humidity was only about 56%! So that was good. I think I have most everything watered, but I need to add 2 fruit trees to the watering system. I still have the north upper side of the house to put new siding on and repaint, but of course I want to wait unitl its so hot I stroke out on the ladder due to the heat. Its just my way. 

its past 10 pm..."do you know where your children are"? If you know that phrase your older than dirt... I was gonna say shit, but Im cleaning up my vocabulary. so your old. 

tonight I caught the son in law, sneaking up to give his calf a shot...so I said...lets give em all shots. lol. busted! we got 4 bull calves banded, and vaccinated, and one heifer calf vac'd. ok that's vaccinated, not vacuumed. That would be a visual...."umm.. hoover or eureka"?

ok Im tired and getting goofier by the second...so I will call it a day. Im on my 3rd grape water. man I cant get away from these flavored water thingys. If anyone told me Id EVER buy bottled water to drink, when I have a tap Id call him crazy. Not saying how much MORE flavored cost than just plain water....ugh. 

just a few more bull calves to catch up... and poof. Ill be done and waiting for them to make 500 lbs to take to market.... 

good night invisible people that don't read my stuff. 

No comments: