Friday, June 5, 2020

typical morning in the country.

good morning ….like im actually saying that to somebody. lol. I woke up today with yet another heifer in my front yard. Im not sure Ive ever seen so many cows out galavantin around up and down the dirt road in front of my house. The neighbors say nope...not theirs... they've "fixed" all their fences, but that must be "ol kens"... or fill in the blank with some farmers....This one insists on visiting with another neighbors cows over his fence. Whats left of my garden has survived floods, high winds, and hail....more than once... but Im not sure it will survive a stampede from "unknown" cows. I tried to get her up in my pen, but she wasn't havin it..so….. I let the chickens out..and im watching out for the stray cur dog that murdered ol "Duke" the rooster... im sure all the girls miss him, but at least their backs will heal up some.

its trying to be summertime now....made 94 deg yesterday. Ive been workin on the yard, and have declared war on some kind of mutant alien grass that's takin over.... the roundup hit it pretty hard... Ill keep up the good work until its on the retreat or dead. I welded (if you can call it welding) on the stretchin posts. I waited long enough until I decided the son in law aint gonna show up and magically do it... note to self: do not use welding glasses. Theyre really cool, but they don't protect your face.. only your eyes... so if your welding more than 20 minutes....then just get a helmet. speaking of which, I just got a new fangled one... I look like an astronaut....I may not can weld well, but I look really cool trying. My first attempt on the first end of pipe, looked like a blind guy got drunk and decided to build a fence. I cut the pipe too short, and put the cut out piece back in the gap and welded up around it. lol. I better not do that again...

Im planning my day here....I cant stand sitting around and watching tv ….
don't make fun of my yard... im still in battle with much of it. I love that view though... If God will allow me, Ill live here many years in peace with NO one buying the property across from me! lol. Unless He gives ME money to own it.....

well... the words are not flowin like they used to... so I guess Ill stop wasting our time.. lol. like someone is with me... okok my time.... Im gonna finish the cup of coffee, and listen to rich play the songs on flashback Friday on the radio!  Yall be calm, and careful....and remember to read your bible. Brings a kind of peace....it goes well with coffee too. js.  later yall.

No comments: