Monday, June 15, 2020

a country gal made.

This woman.... so many things I could say here. lol. When I started dating her, she was quick to tell me she was not looking to get married again, and her very strong personality made it quite clear. But I just figured that maybe she didn't know just what she wanted, until God told her, and in time, maybe shed figure it out. She did. Now she was such a prissy girl.. lol. I told her Id make a country girl out of her...and when she snorted..... I knew I was right. This day she decided to hand feed some of her "girls", behind the protection of a fence. Wise choice.  I think she finally IS a country gal... Yes she will scalp me for sure if she finds this! But Im pretty dang safe I think...since all you invisible mystery fans will not be around to snitch me off. ha.

Life is good just now. I know itll change... but all in all, its good. I have reasonably good health, my family does too...I see grandkids.... I see so much. From beautiful skies, to baby calves, to my grandkids.... and so much in between. Im thankful. It wasn't that long ago, when this little farm, this little piece of heaven, was my jail. Alone, and very unhappy, I made some bad choices. But God protected me from myself, for the most part, and here I am.

I have such a different life now. Its hard to imagine that your life will be soooo different in the near future, that you would hardly recognize it!! You just couldn't see it. Like I told a very near and dear love in my life, "its like going around a corner....and being in a different world".  Life is like that. I know it may not be something you believe, but that doesn't change the facts. It just delays them. Maybe forever. So be careful what you choose to believe.... as that is all God requires.... to expect it.. when you ask for it. Yes you may have to get up off your duff and actually do something. Don't whine about it. Stop your pity party. You've rode that ol horse long enough haven't you? I know I like to ride mine plum to death! Its quite a realization when I finally see Ive been riding a dead horse, and not going anywhere now for how long?? So get up, and do what you need to get up and do. Life will just be this way until you die, then maybe Heaven will have a genie in abottle to get you what you want with no effort. lol. Surely theres someone that will read this and know Im talking to them.! Maybe more than one? lol. what am I thinking? you people are invisible!! what about you jenner?

Ive decided that the satisfaction is not just looking at what Ive done. Or a feeling. Theres so much more to living. Ive decided that the real fun ….is ...drumroll..... getting there. I know I know... your rolling your eyes at me. But each day I get up, and I have certain specific tasks I assigned myself. Kind of like a work order..And I enjoy actually doing the task. Sometimes its not very fun to do... but its fun getting it done. I try not to be so single minded (that's narrow minded for you slower folks) that I cant see or enjoy the doing of it... Anyone can sit back and see a job well done, and enjoy that. But the real key to life is enjoying every minute of it. Theres enough chaos in our world to focus on. I just choose not to.  The focus is the same as it ever was.....on all the good things. Sunsets, babies, a good burmuda lawn, lol., and the work it took to get it done. 

ok ive blobbled enough today. I was only going to write a short paragraph. I guess I should summarize by saying...Don't short yourself. Life can be VERY different, if youll just do what God wants you to do, and just do it. Then enjoy. If you find your not enjoying..... then theres something undone. You get to choose to live and die this way.... or "getter done". It all starts with prayer.

I saw my star last night. If you find the big dipper, and follow the handle to the end, and then just over, and a tad down, youll see a star that's brighter than the others around it. That's my star.  Look at it....and think of what Ive said. Think of what is around the corner. or could be. 

that's all I have today...don't step in any cow piles. It wont keep you from where your going, it just slows you down a bit.

2 comments:

Jenner said...

"We'll learn what life is as we go-- no map. no answers."DM

I'm here. I'm listening. My horse is out to pasture. I really miss the comfort of that old horse sometimes 🐴 🐎 🦄

SundanceInOK said...

well!! you can leave a comment! and it worked! except your "photo" is not of YOU! I cant fix old horses, but Im glad your listening!