Tuesday, February 28, 2012

west coast swing and fuzzynavels.

well it was an interesting week, in training in okc . th emotel room was 1000 yrs old, and Im sure I saw signs of jimmy hoffa behind the curtain. Im not sure what that was, and I dont wanna know. So amidst the uncomfortable stay, and long boring classes, i found the chance for the ultimate awkward moment. I just couldnt stay in that room any longer so I opted for exploration. I saw a few gals, but I kinda liked the one that was waiting for me at home, so I decided to be a good boy, and just look around the place. I found a little dance hall..and I mean little... attached to the motel. Theres a bunch of cowboys...taking the training too. They all have their hats, and pretty gold badges hanging fromt their sagging shirt pockets..and as true to their nature, they acted like true rednecks. Well anyway, the little bar was nice, and I decided that since it was a smoking bar, that I would break out my pipe, that I hardly EVER smoke.. and puff on that. I had my leather jacket on...puffing my pipe when the waitress wanted to take my drink order. she said wow that tobacco really smells good.. and I told her I didnt drink so, dont laugh, but give me a fuzzy navel. Now fuzzy navels are a fruity kind of drink, and I dont taste the booze it it. I noticed the dancing was an odd style, and the waitress told me it was west coast swing. so im sitting there smoking my pipe drinking my fruity drink when these cowboys enter and sit. and one of em says..."WHAT the hell kind of music is that...they aint played a country song in an hour! whats that dancin their doin.... it looks kinda gay". thats when I did it. Im not sur what got into me...but I did it. I opened my mouth, and said.."thats the west coast swing". No one said anything... and I dindt think anything of it either....not until one of them got up and got himself a beer, and his buddy... a fuzzy navel. just like mine. thats when I relized what I must of looked like...smokin my pretty pipe with sweet smelling tabacco, in my leather coat, knowing all about west coast swing. heck they probably thought I knew how to dance it too. I thought the guy that got the drink was gonna get into a fight. lol. oh well... the drink was nice. so I finished, and left. What a solitary few days. the week got way better toward the end, but thats another story. Lets just say that impressions do not always mean what you think they do....you knw, judging a book by its cover and all that stuff.

I did get to do alittle 2 steppin with someone I care about. It was a nice memory, and it sorta capped last years memory...of a very similar experience. of course last year I coudlnt dance a lick, and now at least I can get around the little dance floor they had there w/o tripping over my feet. and I only kicked her boots a couple of times.

No comments: