Monday, February 13, 2012

perspectives and rollercoaster rides.

fresh fallen snow... doesnt it look so ...pure, and white? As long as your looking out the window from a warm room and a fire nearby, its just beautiful. I remember standing in it as a kid with tennyshoes and breadsacks over my feet held up by rubber bands, and it was pretty nice then too. I suppose age, perspective and ones personal experiences can determine how one sees something.

For some the road ahead is like that... some see it as overwhelming, and others as an adventure. Some are just tired.... they could not renew their minds, and the disappointments just pulled them down. Sometimes I feel tired like that. But I know God can renew my mind, if I just focus and ask. Everything is change. Everything is growth, or lack thereof. Its just the way things seem to function. I know of only one thing that never changes...one thing that never waivers. One thing that you can really count on.... and no its not chocolate. I bet you can figure it out. "HE" never changes.

So this gray dreary day, started with pretty pure snow, and ends with dirty mud. Its like life ...its all how you see it. For now, (like I have a choice ha) Ill just live thru the day, and learn what I can from it. Ive thus far discovered that the little things in life, outweigh the bigger ones. Or so it seems from my corner...my perspective. smiles from children. memories that make you get lost within ...a mocking bird singing his little get on my last nerve heart out. fresh flowers blooming. the sound of honey bees havesting from the blooms of the mimos tree im sitting under. the blink of fireflies at night. Of course there are a few big things that happen. a wedding. a birth. but I guess the little ones just come faster and more often. I so get lost in that space... that quiet place.... where you just soak that up... and hope it lasts as long as it can. With chocolate.

I think God himself made chocolate. so... heres to the roller coaster ride (jermiah 33:3) im taking, and to what is around the next corner.

2 comments:

Prairie Girl said...

So... I might be up a crik w/out a paddle... I don't like chocolate anymore... Oh how I try though.. it amuses my son no end.. sometimes he lies and tells me something's NOT sweet just to get me to taste it and make the "fur-ball-yaking" face... what's a gal to do w/out chocolate Sundance? Sigh..

SundanceInOK said...

hmmm i dont know tumbleweed... maybe theres a pill? hypnosis? how can you not like chocolate all the sudden? I know... pour it all over yourself...embrace it... and maybe youll ...well.maybe not. hmmm.