Friday, March 20, 2020

troubling times.

well its pandemic virus time in America. these are historical times. Theres a lot of fear, and uncertainty going on in the country just now.  Funny how the first thing people did was stampede the stores and hoard all the toilet paper. lol. that's right....tp. Then finally, they decided to get food, and bottled water. I still cant figure why drinking water from a bottle is acceptable. I mean... a bottle you pay money for!  And then theres the baby formula hoarders. the ones that buy up the formula, but they don't even have babies! What are they thinking? maybe they suddenly think they want to drink a bottle? Maybe they think if worse comes to worse, hunkered down here in this underground bunker, being real quiet, that they can just drink some baby formula, and everything will be alright. idk?

So I planted a garden. I have 3 raised garden beds, and then I tilled a spot for squash, etc. It took some doing, as it was a solo project. I finally got it all planted. Then the March Rain opened the flood gates, and now I am sure it is washed away. Im hoping the mud will soon be replaced by good soil again, and I can till and replant soon. We had some 80 degree days, but as usual, the Oklahoma hell freak weather devil, just teased with it, and now its COLD and wet and GRAY again!! ugh..

the world sure has become an uncertain place. I wonder what happened to days when the biggest concern was what was on tv? No real worries... except the ones we created. Maybe someday, that time will return.....ya think?

So the yard, the pasture, the whole county, is under water yet once again. I saw a calf of mine that had duck feet. It was  having a problem getting milk from momma, and walking on dry land. But it pedals pretty good. the mom moo moos, but the calf, mow quacks. The chickens....they are quite adaptive too.  They don't much like the water, but they've become barn roof chickens. Im thinkin of putting the feeder up there...but id have to climb a ladder every time  I fed em….if it keeps raining, there'll soon be fish in yard. They can fish for em. I hope the calves don't start eating fish!

Im getting hungry...so I ask on FB, is Polos open? I immediately get a pm chewing me out. Daughter says STAY HOME. lol. Im holed up here like a survivor….so Im hoping I do... it wo uld suck knowing I deprived myself of some good Mexican food and died anyway. lol. So the President was on tv.... saying were going to use a drug, but not sure if itll work. Then, some reporter starts in sensualizing the fear, and Trump nails him. lol. Said he should be ashamed of himself. lol.

anyway..... looks like Im having breakfast bisquits….
later folks.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippie. It only took a world wide pandemic to get the blog going again. Stay home, wash your hands, count your toilet paper rolls.

Kat said...

As I'm watching this all unfold before my eyes, I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around it. All I can think of is how the times were growing up. Opposite ends of the spectrum to today. Remembering the wisdom my daddy shared with me about things like this going to happen, I couldn't even wrap my head around it back then listening to him. All I know is we need to put God back from which he was removed from. Get back to that "One Nation Under God ". While we all go through this uncertain times remember this, pray daily and always remember to be humble and kind ! ❤