Tuesday, October 22, 2019

dinner, propane tanks and kittens

hello imaginary readers. its nice to check in again. The crockpot food attempt was successful. I have another one (diff recipie) on now ready to eat when my  bride gets home. I know her day is long sometimes. on the other hand, I worked at my own pace today. Im alittle disappointed that I didn't get as much done as I planned. It appears that im OLDER....than I am inside my head... you know … the place where I plan the day out...and decide that I can do that...or that...and this.... but ahem.

So I like saying that working at my own pace is a good idea. I still have the todo list to do. Its just getting done a tad bit slower than I planed inside my young brain.

today was paint the propane tank day. Kiltz can over any dang thing right? And I did...or will, when I apply the 142nd coat of it on there. That tank painting is harder than I thought it would be. you know that round thing... is hard on a roller, and my hands, and my back. I don't remember things being quite that painful a few years ago.

I also acquired a couple of new storm doors at the HD place...and I thought I was gonna cry before got to the patio with them. I hung a pair of doors almost like them all by myself...and it never occurred to me that I couldn't do it again. okok so it was 10 years ago...but hey they are doors. they are heavy doors. Doors that were not nearly as heavy 10 years ago. what is tarnation is a going on here??? geesh. I gottem there. But man. I even got one out of the box. maybe Ill sneak up on hanging one. or maybe even both. who knows. oh heck Ill probably call a door guy to do it for me but Im going to try one anyway.

I received 2 baby kittys due to my wonderful daughter kt today. They are bottle fed. I discovered that the nipples on these new bottles have NO holes in them. whod a thought? and everytime  I made a hole it would close up and nothing would get thru it. no problem though.... they will lap it up out of the little pan if you hold their little heads down in it. they cough alittle….but they drink it. so... I guess Im the animal whisperer. yeah that's it. drink it or drown. maybe they will live. Im really not sure. they are tiny. I figure they have a 50-50 shot at it. they also will shut up all that meowing if you put them in a box and cover them up with a towel. if they get out of that... a piece of plywood on top the box is perfect.  I think I have this system down.

well that's about all Ive got for now. tomorrow I will continue this new retired life...did I mention that? and see what projects I can actually get done now. Im still up in the air about the gardening boxes...…

No comments: