Sunday, November 13, 2011

furniture and memories.

Memories. isnt it funnyhow they return to you? at the most unexpected times, they make you slow down. they make you think. remember. you feel things when they come. sometimes it is warm and fuzzy. sometimes it is sad. sometimes happiness and laughter. but they do something to you dont they? Ive found that there are many types of "triggers", that can do this... recently I have had to move furniture around, as Im getting new carpet. Im not nearly done, and have zero help. but nothing for a big stepper like me... but the thing is, it brought to my heart and mind, memories of a time past, when we moved things around... to paint the house. I remember vividly. A slow dance in the living room. paint on her nose. smiles, and a butt chewing for stepping in the paint. I learned how to paint though. a mixed set of emotions and feelings. who would have thought. simply moving furniture. I swear some men are such saps. sentimental foolishness.  wouldnt it be much better if one could delete this silly sentimental crap? and feel nothing. just a simple memory w/o the feelings, or passion would serve me much better. but I do enjoythe smile it brings to my face, even if it accompanies a tear. (something in my eye, allergies probably).

so the big question of the day.... can I move the tv and stand.? will it survive. oh its gonna get moved. but I think the tv weighs more then the tv stand is rated for...and Im not sure either will survive the move. itll be a huge mess if it doesnt. and a new tv too. ugh.

so heres to furniture moved. and smiles of the past. I slow danced alone in that very spot today. well.. ok i stood there and remembered. i danced in my mind. ha. and I was good too dang it. I better stop there, or I may never get out of my mind!

its nice to have a place to write yoru thoughts out. this time Ill be sure and not push the stupid fb button. ha. A time in the past... of paint, tape, furniture moved. and a dance with a dream that didnt really exist... except within me. a sweet moment. savor it. feel it. accept it. now. where the heck am I putting this recliner?

No comments: