Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Like a duck on a tractor...


 sometimes you just need a duck on a tractor kind of day. Im overdue to write here... and I cant find the pictures I want! So ducky here is cute and all that, but she made me make a 2nd trip in the rain to put her up at dusk. She for some reason gets bored and flys out of the coop to do silly stuff. Kinda like me I guess. Its a part of retirement. I think its required. I wonder if the duck is retired too? Im just glad I didnt leave the door open! 

You might note that this is not a chicken. I TOLD yall that they would turn into ducks if it rained toooooo much! Over night, it rained 7 inches here!!! So while I sip my coffee, and look out the window to see when its going to start again, im checking MY feet....

My fencing is almost done. When you think your done... your not done. Thats when the "what if I did this" thoughts enter in... and the results are I have a bit more fencing to do. yay.  Im not sure which aspect of it I enjoy the most... the barb wire stretching, or the cutting/welding part. hmm. its a toss up. I still after all these years am not sure whether I like doing it in jeans or shorts. While shorts are cooler, they are not as much protection, and I carry the scars. But when your in your favorite pair of work pants..( i get attached) they rip all to crap. You just cant throw away favorite pants. Then you have to sew them up....or rather pam does.... and that takes forever before she works down her list to me. so theres the delimma. 

So what do you do when you have an OH SHIT moment? besides the obvious... which may require changing those favorite pants? I try not to have those "moments"... but sometimes it just happens. Like a duck on a tractor. So I go the the tractor barn, and open it up.... and back the mule up to the welding wagon... no not a real mule.... a kawasaki mule. ok I spelled it wrong. who knows how to spell that the first time?? Anyway, there I am... hitching up the welder... when I notice a movement. Its a SHUNK.... and its walking unhurriedly down the edge of the barn. We look at each other.... and Im pretty sure my oh shit moment was bigger than his... So I had a choice... either way I was likely to come out of this smelling like him. lol I decided to just keep hitching up.... and finish what I was doing.... and luckily the little critter found his way out and left. Sometimes... you just gotta keep working your plan.... and if you come out on the bad end of it..... well... you just stink for awhile... It is just something you MUST do or you wont ever get to where you want to go. I was sure thinking i was going to have to live in the tiny house until the aroma wore off!

I know I was supposed to mention some other stuff, but I cant remember anything anymore. Like oh...im not strong as an ox anymore, and oh, I cant do that...I do remember...after Im half thru it.. other things I forget.... that I wear glasses, where my glasses are at?, that I cant eat ice cream before bed time...that am not as strong as I was in my 40s.. 

Well it took some doing, but I finally got that ol sprayer fixed up. new pump... cleaned out the tank...I was smart...i did not crawl inside the tank...I used a mop! and I cut the field down to 7 inches... I was about to spray when the rain started... and I need 8 hours after I spray before rain.. so... that makes this whole week a gamble... so my sprayer is sitting there hitched up to the tractor, with 300 gallons of fertilizer in it... waiting to go. My best plans are held hostage by the weather. I also learned that a JD tractor WILL keep going even when your brushhog gets stuck  on something. yep, itll drag it right off. And if the blades to said brushhog get in the dirt and lock up, it will twist the drive shaft right off of it. By the way, a drive shaft for a brush hog runs $240. And it takes about 2 to 3 hours. Thats 30 minutes to hook it up, and 1 1/2 hours to figure out that your blades are seized up underneath.

Recently I was reminded that God may not speak to me if I dont read my bible more! And I do need to read it more... but God speaks to me all the time.. well its more like He thumps me on the head...but He speaks in many ways. Like through a sunset, or a bright moonlit sky. Or a sight that takes your breath away. (skunk in a barn?) I wish I could upload the pics I want to.. to make my point... but IF you stop...just long enough...you will feel this little tapping... like  something's  here but you cant put your finger on it...That is God ...mostly saying "whoa... enjoy this moment"... and usually I do... and when I dont, I always wish I did. Like seeing, a baby calf, or a baby anything. Well my rambling session is about over I guess. Ill remember some things later and add it if I dont forget it! I think my old posts are more entertaining...maybe if I wrote more often Id remember how to write again. lol. Im surprised I can type! 


This is a reminder, that if all your seeing is gray clouds, your not looking with the right eyes. You may have to change your view...but God has something for you. Find it. Like a duck on a tractor.

No comments: